Covid-19 Policy & Proceedure
The Raven Dance COVID-19 Policy and Procedure is designed to provide comfort and confidence to both staff and students, that their wellbeing is our upmost importance when attending the studio. This policy relates to Stage 3 of Queensland Health’s public directives. Stage 3 allows fitness establishments to provide indoor facilities providing they maintain:
- Physical distancing
- Four square meters per person when indoors
- Hand hygiene
- Respiratory Hygiene
- Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection
Fitness Australia has also provided a framework to assist businesses. In their framework they address the following:
- Physical Distancing
- Practice good hand hygiene, clean and disinfect your environment
- Stay at home if you are unwell and have any symptoms of the virus
- Contract Tracing
This policy and procedure will outline the steps Raven Dance will take to ensure they are meeting the minimum requirements, outlined by the Queensland Government and Fitness Australia.
It is recommended we maintain a physical distance of 1.5 meters from any other person while indoors.
Based on 4 square meters per person. Each pole is approximately 1.9m away from one another, providing ample space to physically distance.
During stage 2 the studio will be limited to 20 people only. We have 13 poles in our front studio and 6 apparatuses that can run at the same time.
Raven Dance will achieve physical distancing by:
- Staggering class session times, ensuring minimal overlap with the exiting and arrival of students.
- Offering pole, Lyra, Burlesque and Poletto classes in studio during stage, All stretch classes will be provided online.
- Capping the number of students allowed in each area.
- Implementing “Get In, Train & Get Out” strategy. Meaning students will only be able to attend the studio for their class time. The reception area will not be open for waiting during stage 2.
The following will be implemented to assist with maintaining physical health and physical distancing:
- Students will be invited into the studio 5 minutes prior to their class start time. While waiting for an instructor or Raven Dance Team member to welcome them into the studio, students may wait in their car or by the studio door.
- Students will have their temperature taken on entry
- Reception will not be available for waiting for classes or between classes.
- The floors of each room will be outlined with tape, to highlight and remind students of where they may move while on the pole. Areas will also be allocated for student belongings (Please bring only one bag with everything in it, items are not to be spread all over the studio) and metho bottles to avoid congregation at bag racks or metho stations.
- Students will not be able to spot each other under any circumstances. Spotting will be available in extreme cases and by an instructor only.
- Guidelines will be marked out on the floor for students and staff waiting for high traffic areas. Eg. Bathroom, Kitchen, reception.
Good personal hygiene and cleaning/disinfecting practices is a recommendation to minimise the transmission of the virus. The virus can be transmitted from the environment to people when they touch infected items and then touch their mouth, nose or eyes.
Raven Dance will achieve effective hygiene by implement- ing the following:
- Daily studio cleaning, which will be recorded on a cleaning log.
- High touch areas, such as doorknobs and metho bottles to be cleaned between classes.
- The RD team will be trained in COVID-19 Infection Control. Certificates available on request.
- Personal hand sanitisers will be provided to staff for applications, before, during and after each class.
- Display of posters, outlining the correct hand washing technique. It is expected that all studio attendees uphold this technique.
- Paper towel will be available in the Bathroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entry and exit points of the studio. All attendees will be required to apply prior to entering and exiting the studio.
- Pole Crash mats can not be shared and cleaned after use
- All equipment is required to be cleaned by students before and after use.
- A fresh clean towel must be brought by the student, no towel, no class.
- Students will be required to bring their own water bottle.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged during stage 2.
- All merchandise products will be sold through the website, The RD Team will ensure these are available for pick up when the student is in the studio next.
- Bins will be emptied daily.
- All disposable tissues, paper towel and cleaning materials are to be placed in a bin immediately after use and not left on surfaces.
- On the extreme occasion that spotting is required by an RD team member, hand sanitiser will be applied, and a mask will be worn to reduce the chance of infection.
- All attendees will be encouraged to practice good hygiene, including sneezing into their elbow, while in studio.
Stay Home if Unwell
Students and RD Team Members are advised not to attend the studio if they are sick with any illness. A student or RD team member who presents a temperature or any symptoms of COVID-19 will be ask to politely leave the studio. Any team member has the ability to make this decision and will be respected by all member within the team.
If a student is considered vulnerable, they should consult with their doctor prior to commencing activities within the studio. The onus is on the student to determine their capacity to safely resume fitness activities and attendance at the studio.
To ensure the wellness of the community the following will be implemented by the studio:
Students will be asked the following questions:
- Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a fever, sore throat or experiencing shortness of breath?
- If a student responds yes to any of the questions above, they will be asked not attend the studio at this time.
Contract tracing is important to assist authorities in reducing the spread of COVID-19. To ensure Raven Dance can support the authorities during the time we must:
- Maintain a register of all students who attend the studio
- Encouraging students and staff to download the COVID-SAFE app.